American Idol last night....?

Ok--- I know my friends saw this, but did anyone else catch that comment Ryan Seacrest made about the girl who won that $10,000 contest?

It was a black girl with braids...and Ryan said something along the line of, "So...you won the game and got $10,000......looks like you were able to buy some braids with that!"

And then he just cut to the stage after that.

Is it me, or was that just rude???

And I can't believe no one else has mentioned it.

I text'd all my friends and they said they reacted the same way.

And--- even if they talk to these people beforehand, we don't hear that and it's not explained. They know this and they are usually very careful about what's said "on-air."

And yes, Ryan is a jerk and it's expected, just not right.

AND! I'm an adult who caught American Idol last night. I DO vote and I do support humanity, the fight for a better environment, ethical treatment of animals and human rights. That's why I believe that when someone in the position that Ryan's in-- on the most popular show in the country right now, he should have respect for other people. Especially considering that whole mess with Imus.

I'm not very politcally correct most times, but I know when to show respect to people on or watching TV.

Racism or any prejudice is not about sensitivity.

Favorite Answer

It was rude & awkward, but so is Rhyan Seacrest. He's huge Jerk if you ask me.

Was it racist, I can't say that I think it was...unPC, yes I am a Black Woman...

Man people are just way too sensitive these days.

obviously it was joke becuase she had so many braids. That's ryan's kind of sense of humor.

So don't get so worked up over this. If you want something to get worked up over then get worked up over the war and vote next year for someone who will change it.

I caught that too. It was very rude. But to me Ryan seems like a rude person anyway.

I felt the same way and I thought his comment to Paula was really awkward (when he talked about her breasts).

Maybe he was just nervous because Jessica Alba was there or something. It was all very weird.

I think you are over thinking it. They probably talked during the commerical. I don' think it was very rude.

i dont think he was being rude at all they do talk to these people before they put them on the show

I caught all of that too... I did think it was rude, or maybe just awkward... but I thought maybe that was how they do it in Hollywood...

He probably talked to her during the break.. don't over analyze it. She probably told him that.

mountains out of molehills