Amy asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Where can I find a cheap privacy wood fence?

I'd like to fence in my back yard. Can anyone give me some price examples for a wood privacy fence and where the best place would be to get one? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Home Depot or Lowes, But the problem is that you get what you pay for. The wood on the cheapest is sad at best, it warps, shrinks, pulls away from framing, ect.

You could save up to buy a nice one in either the better quality woods or plastic. Until then if you don't have a fence plant some fast growing but cheap plants that will get tall. If you have fence like chain-link then do the same only grow vines. Fast growing Trumpet Vines will grow up if you pull poles and string trainers on the top of your fence.

Want you like to get instant access to over 16,000 woodworking plans?

Check it out https://tr.im/bf1bb

Along with stone, mud and animal parts, wood was one of the first materials worked by early humans. Microwear analysis of the Mousterian stone tools used by the Neanderthals show that many were used to work wood. The development of civilization was closely tied to the development of increasingly greater degrees of skill in working these materials.

Go with 6'x6"x3/4" cedar dog eared planks( a few dollars a piece) and 8'x4"x4" treated posts 2' in the ground. that is the most economical way to go. spray with stain or let the fence turn gray.