can a marriage survive with no sexual attraction?

my husband confided in me that he was never sexually attracted to me although he said he was when we first got together. He said he fell in love with the person I was. I am not the same person now because I have felt the neglect that comes with being with someone that avoids touching you and making love to you. I have always been comfortable with my sexuality, porn, other women and all (or most) of the things that turn men on. I was raised with porn mags as reading material in the bathroom. I have two children from my first marriage and my body is not that of a 18 year old because I had to have c-sections because my frame was too small for natural birth. I am bit overweight at 5 ft and 120lbs but i have c-cups. How do i get my confidence back without being bitter that he stole it from me. Just an added note..I am very attractive and guys try to pick me up all the time so I dont understand. Is he just selfish..how do i get beyond that for me?

Favorite Answer

Yes, a marriage can survive without sexual attraction but you have to be honest with yourself do you want it to? I suppose you can live without sex but it sounds like your husband is withholding intimacy with you as well which is unacceptable. Why would you want to spend your entire life with someone who has no desire to hold you in his arms to feel your warmth, to touch and caress every inch of your skin until you tingle and vibrate with desire and do dirty, nasty, unspeakable things to your body?

Source(s): If you're going to stick with it and try to work it out you should consider proposing the idea of having an open marriage with your husband maybe that's what he wanted all along.

I dont see how you 2 can come to a medium point because your too different in a serious issue. Sit and talk and decide if its worth it to continue in a marriage.

I think you need the sexual attraction or you'll get no action.. and then a marriage goes to pot. Sure personality says alot .. but maybe its not the sexiness someone has.. maybe we can be attracted to their cuteness. after all alot more of us have cuteness then they do sexiness.

You just don't melt his butter. Different people like different things. Some people like farm animals to make love to. You might be a hottie, but they wouldn't like you because you just don't fit the profile. Maybe he likes fat chicks or midgits. Just move on and go with one of the many people you claim try and pick you up.

i know they say that sex should not be what holds a marriage together...but i do believe it is am important part of a relationship...the intimacy it creates between you and your lover should be what sets you apart from being just friends....i mean being ffriends with your lover important too...but i know i could not live without that intimacy in my relationship.

• tigger

i think hes selfish 5ft and 120 is not that bad your a little thick and alot of guys like that now i think hes just being a jurk

i highly doubt it unless ur are both over 60

post a pic and I'll be honest with you

alot of people will say no i dunno im diffrent i think so but im not sure we can only hope