Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How do I attract THIS type of guy?

The last guy I dated was 47 and 23 years older than I am. Now it seems that I am not attracted to anyone under the age of 40. I just really like the way he treated me and the way we were together. The only problem we had was I liked to go out and do stuff but all he did was work so we didn't last. But now the problem is, I have a hard time meeting older guys that will actually take me seriously. A lot of them i've met are interested in the physical part but they won't consider an actualy relationship. Why is this? And how do I attract an older guy that would actually be interested in being committed to me versus just having sex?

Favorite Answer

You're 24 years old? In my book, you're still a baby. I mean no insult to you: you've just got a lot of changing ahead of you. For example, your admission that you can't deal with the demands of your partner's career tell me that you are not living in an adult reality.

You want to be a young adult, date older people, but you want them to act younger? As if they were less responsible? The type of 40+ year old that would work isn't really marriage material, so it's always going to be a fling or hooking up with somebody who wants a trophy girlfriend. Sorry to say it, but there it is.

Perhaps getting into something older people like would help. How about taking up golf? You have to have some interest to share and the guy has to work, honey. Hang out where there are older people. Of course he's going to be interested in sex with you because it's a compliment to him that you would want to have sex with him. But you have to have something else in common. What do men like to do? Car racing? Sports? Golf? Boating? Dancing? Find something to share and you'll find your man. Godloveya.

What we attract is what we want in our minds. May be you were looking for a lot of attention,which older men do for younger pretty girls. Im reading a book on the law of attraction and it says, what you want, you just have to imagine it in the details and believe that it is hapening to you and it will eventually happen. Give yourself some time, enjoy being alone,smell the flowers and keep the best attitude that you can and the right person will arrive in your life,making it full and worthy of living.

You could try an online dating service (that's how I met my fiancee) or try going out to places where you'll meet more sophisticated, successful and mature men. Don't completely ignore the possibility of meeting a younger man though. I too like older men, but you could very well miss the man of your dreams if you're focusing too much on a specific type.

You need to examine why you are attracted to men that are either unavailable or in a different life stage from yourself. Either you are unable to get over your last boyfriend, or you have some psychological issue that is going unresolved. I think a therapist might be a good idea to help sort this out in your mind.

You would need to meet older guys in places where single older guys go. Check out some places in your neighborhood/community where older guys hang out or ask your ex if he knows where any older guys hang out (or do you remember any place he took you that was more for people who were older than you). Good luck to you and God Bless.

Alot of older men just date younger women cause they're perverts. You should stick to younger men. They might not seem as polite or nice right now, but everyone matures. Find some one your own age.

its hard most older guys like to get with a younger girl just to prove to thenselves that theyve got the magic touch still. older guys like sex with younger girls but there are some who want to be serious but be yourself dont try to change you to impress some1 cuz the real you will come out in the end anyway

Tell the person right off the bat that you will not have sex with him whatsoever.

Try talking to him about interesting things, things he likes, and things you like. If that doesn't work, then he's not right for you. The end.

• Black

Because you are a mature woman who believe in love and committment. You are a keeper.