Can I collect unemployment when my company offers a severance of 9 months, when I am I eligible for it?

I live in the state of Pennsylvania and we are being offered a severance of 9 months, and 12 months of medical and dental. When am I eligible for unemployment on the last payment or immediately after termination? (paid on a monthly basis, the last Friday of the month; in other words no lump sum) This question has bogged down even our HR team here on site. Please help.

Favorite Answer

A similar situation happened to me.

A company I worked for closed. I was given severance pay. Unemployment was granted immediately. Remember, it's your employer who pays for unemployment insurance.

in case you're provided a job which you bodily will not be able to do, which would be your suitable wager for unemployment. you're able to need to get a actual of a few form displaying so you might not do the interest. in the journey that your interest is eradicated then you quite're seen laid off and eligible. in case you persevere with for the different interest and don't get it then you quite could nonetheless be eligible, so circulate forward and persist with. If the business enterprise can practice that they tried to furnish you a job and additionally you refused then that strengthens their case. in case you're taking the severance you ought to be eligible someplace down the line. communicate approximately in between a rock and a complicated place.