Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

How to impress wife?

She likes everything clean and neat and I am dead oppsite. We never had a day with out an advice from my wife "HOW TO KEEP THINGS IN ORDER". I am really trying, though I act, I do not listen her. Tell me how to impress her that I am also neat.

Favorite Answer

Okay, this is what you need to do. First of all, you get your stuff organized. You'll never be able to keep things neat, if they are not neat in the beginning. Then, after everything has it's place, (and let me add to get rid of things you have not worn or used in a year, they are just taking up space) All you have to do, is put things back where they were. Always rinse your dishes you use and put them in the dishwasher, or buy some of that direct foam dish soap, it is great for washing just one or a few things. Nothing is more irritating to a woman, than after having washed dishes, finding dishes in the sink. Being neat isn't brain science, it's about being considerate of the other person. So, I applaude your effort, my husband is the neatest in the house with 3 women..lol....oh, and one thing I hate is turning clothes out of the dryer. Take off your socks and shirts so they are right side out, and if you double up on T-shirts as it is they style now, make sure that they are separated when you put them in the dirty clothes, cause most do not wash colors and whites together, laundry is a brain science...lol.... gl to ya...

• Kat G

Have a cleaning person come in and clean the whole house on a Friday. Then, take your wife out for the night. If you can't or have no desire to clean then pay for someone else to do it 1 a week. This will impress her, and also it shows you appreciate her, and do not think she is your slave. Let her now you want to get her some help as you do not want her to have to do it alone and she can have some more free time for you both to spend together and not have to come home to a mess.

First of all, you say you are the exact opposite of clean & neat. Well, no adult should be living in filth so you really should try to clean up after yourself. Put your dirty clothes in the hamper, hang up your wet towel, put your dishes in the sink.

You and your wife should sit down & divvy up the chores. Once you do that, your wife needs to back down & let you do things your way. You don't necessarily need to do things the way she would want them, but you should make an effort to be clean. If your wife doesn't like the way you clean up after yourself, then she can do the cleaning. You can do different chores. The key is to compromise and then to back-off once a decision has been agreed to.

Realizing the problem is your first step toward fixing it. Put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel if you clean clean clean all day only to have a husband and or kids mess everything up behind you. It's very frustrating and it's an endless cycle. The trick is to clean up after yourself upon doing something and the house will never really truly get dirty.

To impress her with your cleanliness be clean. Example, if you have a dirty dish, put it in the sink, when you take off your clothes, put them in the hamper, basically if you make a small mess clean it up as soon as you do it. A little bit of picking up after yourself can go a long way. That would make her happy because she would be able to see that you are willing to try.

• dad

Get a Harley Davidson and keep it sparkling clean

Grow some balls.