Why do one say "O' I see," when you understand?

I have done it myself. When I understand something, then I say "O' now I see?"

Why do we say something that is understood that we see.

Give me your explanation.

Favorite Answer

"oh i see" means i now see the spot of knowledge i had just missed.

when u dont know something u are in the dark;u dont know what to make of it.but the moment u r explained,light dawns on the darkness formed on yr mind and u begin "to see"

"i see "

figuratively means" i understand"

ok..so now u see..?

The phrase comes from when we mentally visualize someones explanation on a topic and once we understand their explanation from our own personal visualization in our minds, we say "Oh I See" as a way of understanding because we literally envisioned what the other person was describing to get a better perspective on the topic in hand.

your imagination has created a picture movie for you to watch having listened to all the words you have told me and once all the information has been processed into the way I perceive it to be understood according to all facets of life a movie will appear in my imagination and I say "o' I see," OR there"s been a slight delay in comprehending the information you have supplied and you feel the need to say yes its all coming together now O I see it now OR maybe I'm crazy! what do you think?

Source(s): Me

It's a common expression; it's just like a figure of speech meaning "you see their point."

because when you finally understand it's like its finally a clear vision and not a blurry one.