Help! Spent too much time in the sun on sunday.?

I have 4-5 cold sores breaking out on my lower lip. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I highly recommend calling your doctor for a prescription for Valtrex. See if they'll call it in for you, but if you need to go in, it'll help knock it out quickly.

If you can't get to the doctor's there's Abreva which is over the counter but the small tube is about $17.

You could always try Ambusol or Camphor to help numb the pain away and dry it out. If/when they burst, keep your lips lubricated with some lip balm to help prevent cracking and bleeding while it heals.

Abreva. You can get it over the counter. Wear sunscreen next time, and yes, they make lip balm with SPF 30!

you need to drink alot of water; bath your lips in saline solution, this will keep your lips clean and free from infection. do this as often as you can.

vitamin E. take a pill by mouth and then cut one open and put it on the sores. good luck

Thats herpes.