Imagine you are working at the station barrier of a LU station. An elderly tourist with limited English comes?

Imagine you are working at the station barrier of a LU station. An elderly tourist with limited English comes up to you. He is carrying a number of bags and he is able to communicate that he is lost and needs to get to Heathrow. (Please use no more than 250 words in answering both parts of this question)

a. What would you do?

b. Why would you act in this way

Favorite Answer

A lot depends on which station you're at...if it's on the Piccadilly line, I'd get a colleague to cover the barrier and take him to the platform and see him onto the right train.

Alternatively, I would give him a tube map and mark where he needs to change and which line he wants at that changeover station.

As to why - because I've been lost in strange countries where I don't know the language - and having proper directions helps a LOT.