an elderye person arrive at the station has lots of bag but speak limted english what wouldyou do?

what would you do?

How would you help them?

Favorite Answer

If they looked like they needed help, I'd offer to help them by using hand gestures and simple english.

If it doesn't look like they need help, I'd go along my merry way. Just because someone is old and doesn't speak english doesn't mean they want or need help!

• Jan N

First of all, just because someone is elderly and has lots of bags doesn't mean that they need or want help. So don't make that assumption. I have a friend in her 80s who travels often to places where her native language is not spoken and she seldom needs help with her bags, with directions, or with anything else. IF this person looks like they are struggling with their bags, then you go up to them and you use hand gestures to ask whether they want help. This is easy to do and is how people communicate when they are in situations where they don't speak the local language fluently. An sincere offer to help is usually welcome; and she may accept your offer or kindly turn it down. That's all you have to do.

steal their bags? is this a trick question?