NVIDIA GeForce 7300 (256) or ATI x1400 (256)?

These (2) cards are the only ones in my budget at the moment and was wondering which (if any) would be able to "moderately handle":

1. Photoshop CS / Illustrator

2. Oblivion / BF2

And, Which may do it more effectively. Thanks for your input!!!

(going to go in t2080 / 2gb ram / vista) dell 1505

• Favorite Answer

nVidia 7300 will do just fine. BF2 may have some problems though, it's a resourse hog (so-to-speak). And then the other problem you have, will be with Win Vista, should you decide to play On-Line, the security factor. Also you need to consider your FSB (Front side Bus) speed, that's a big factor with any 3D game. You'll probably need to make sure you have at least (for best results) 400mHz FSB, with BF2, otherwise it will bog down, maybe even crash. Good Luck my Friend and have fun.

Aparently your machine has a AGP port for the vid card. There are 3 types now agp,pci, pci-e the newest is pci-e. but if your machine is older its probley a agp type. if thats true then maybe you should look at 7600gt cards. Some go for $99.

If I were you I would choose NVIDIA GeForce 7300 with no doubt.