how can you turn a man down by not offending him at all?

Favorite Answer

Hi!

Weather you offend him or no is not entirely up to you. Rejection is hard on the ego and is often on first hand received as an offence. On the other hand dealing with reality is part of becoming mature, actually for both of you.

I suggest you tell the truth in a sensitive and respectful manner. Let the person know that you too are uncomfortable with the situation. How he takes the news does not depend on you. The thing is to be sensitive to the fact that it may hurt and that you care about that part .

Take care

A poem that a great friend gave to me is a great tool, this tells the other person that its not personal. The poem is:

"It's not so much meeting the right person, as it is meeting them at the right time"

You can just say that this time in your life cannot fit a relationship. This way nobody should be hurt.

Source(s): used it myself with great success and I think the poem is so true regardless. Even if your in love, it may not be the right time for you or them. So it must be both for success!

Could you elaborate a little more please.

Are you turning a man down because he wants to go out with you OR he wants to have sex? If it is either one of them and your not interested, just plain tell him you are not interested in him.

YOU CAN'T. The only thing you can do is say "much as I like you as a person unfortunately there is no chemistry between us". Whatever you say or do, a man does not like a woman to not find him madly attractive and irresistible. Good luck!

Tell the truth that is it...say i am sorry but I am not interested and have no wish to hurt you but if I started a relationship with you it would be dishonest to my feelings and you would be hurt so sorry but I can't, honesty is the best policy.

Honesty is the best policy whether you like it or not there is no easy way of letting him down, just say sorry but no

Just be honest and respectful all at the same time. Try I am flattered by your interest but I am sorry you are not my type or you are not what I am looking for...

• Say you already have a boyfriend and he is 6' 4" and the jealous type...

Straight talk helps a lot. unless you tell it like it is, he cannot be turned down. Tell him your real problem that could help both you and him.

• Nc Jay

Any other time, any other place, I'd be happy to spend time with you, but right here, right now, I'm just not able to.