Is investing in Coca-Cola a good investment ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

My ex-husand used to work for Coca-Cola and we used to invest. He bought one stock per pay and although it didn't make us rich, we did make some return. Not anything huge, but it did make profit. Hope this helps at least a little.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

Coca-Cola has a good track record of paying dividends and its stock has gone up a bit recently, however, the company has not executed well in the domestic market and has been slow in the non CSD sector. On the other hand, it has done well overseas and is particularly strong in China, a fast growing market.

It is probably a good investment for long-term (5 years+), short-term, hard to say.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. I drank some coca cola today so I know it's good.

That's how Warren Buffet got rich. He bought shares of coke and still owns coke (KO) stocks from this day. I don't think he's ever going to get rid of it.

Even Bill Gates likes the stuff. You can see him on this video scrounging for change just for a bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecyhTHaZGGE

Youtube thumbnail

I wouldn't be suprised if coke was used for marketing strategies for increasing profits at the 2008 Olympic games.

• Blicka
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Coke is a great investment. Decent dividend and it is a product that the buyer/owner is aware of. Coke, like Disney, is a great way to get children/first time investors exposure to the market.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Absolutely, if you have the money to do it. Coca-Cola is the largest soft drink company in the world, it's bound to make you money

• 5 years ago

Yes

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it is a good investment, just don't drink it.

• 1 decade ago

i have a financial bond from a bank and i am looking for what to invest it on and can you be of help? do you have any investment proposal. please contact me: pintosgroup@yahoo.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.