LOST in the mysteries of LOST?

Does anyone have any speculations about WHAT JACOB is? And does anybody think that maybe they aren't really on an island?

Favorite Answer

That's a big mystery. And that was a great episode....lots of unsolved mysteries is what makes this show so interesting. For me, that's the best show eva.

I think they ARE on the island. I think that Jacob is or controls the freaky black smoke. Probably he even decides who goes (or falls) in the island. The 'Hostiles' work for him, and maybe they don't get to go off the island until they do as Jacob says.....they might be victims too. Or what if he needs people on the island in order to accomplish something in his favor: probably keeping him 'alive'. It's maybe those kind of old ghost stories when the spirit won't leave earth until he finishes something. Sounds kinda crazy, but what if the creators of LOST are looking at this and change the course of the story if the screenplay is not yet completely finished And if I keep on going, they probably run out of ideas too :).

(Not really.....the creators have a big head. They rock!) I love that show.

• Terri

I think they are on an island.

I think Jacob may be a ghost or someone on another plane of existence.

Notice how, without the hair, he looks like Locke?

I dont think he looks like Locke, Ive stared at the profile, and although I dont think it is Jacks dad, I would believe that he looks more like his profile than Locke's. That is truly a mystery.

I have no clue what he is. This show makes no sense half the time, leaves you with a million questions, has black smoke chasing people, psychotic polar bears, and a ton of other crazy things. I love it!

dude, I was LOST ages ago.