iM_wItH-sTuPiD asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

my 4 dogs drink out of my outdoor water fountain, how do I stop this without hurting them?

Favorite Answer

I'd just keep fresh water in the fountain. Unless you have a big problem with bird poop, I don't see why they can't drink it.

Dog Water Fountain Outdoor

Dog Drinking Fountain

• sml

I hate it when people basically advise you to poison water to keep your dogs out; it is a poor excuse for training; dogs are going to the water for a specific reason, it is probably colder there; if they were in the wild they would drink water anywhere; place fresh cool water for them outside in lieu of the fountain; as long as you don't have chemicals in the fountain , just add water to it ; distract them from the area when outside and reward them for that; my dog prefers rain water outside; life is short ; I always say that if this wouldn't be a problem on your last day on earth then it shouldn't be considered a problem now; people spray dogs, put stuff on things or in things as a weak form of training or no training or pure laziness for spraying or adding and not train.

If you by (frequently or infrequently) different gardening and landscaping magazines why don’t you just get a total one from right here https://tr.im/dOmKQ a really good resource with a lots of particulars and top quality guides , without a doubt it’s excellent worth.

Ideas4Landscaping include detailed diagrams and simple to stick to guidelines if you don’t know exactly where to begin , a system that is also coming with different themes and bonus components like the “Landscaping Secrets Revealed guide , Save On Energy Costs – Green Home guide or How To Grow Organic Vegetables - without a doubt a total system for the ones that want to find out landscaping or just to make the backyard or front yard far more interesting.

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU7uP

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

I have a china berry tree in my backyard. The leaves and berries drop into my fountain and pond. The dogs love drinking out of the fountain and the china berry leaves and berries poison the water. I added vinegar to the fountain and it helped.

If it's one of those that you fill with water and then it cycles from the catch basin to the pump to the fountain again, add white vinegar or a solution of table salt (or both!) to the water until they don't like it any more.

provide a bucket of cold fresh water, couple times a day... for them to drink out of,, they will surely choose the fresh water in the bucket if it is readily available,,, when weather gets hot, be prepard to see them swimming in your fountain..

knock off the fountain, remove some of the water add lemon juice instead dogs hate the bitter taste, they will taste it & soon leave it alone