Is quail good?

Anyone ever had quail? What does it taste like? Are they bigger than chickens?

Update:

Cool. Thanks for all the positive responses so far, everyone. Have a nice day.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Quail is delicious! They are smaller than chickens. Try frying them up like Southern fried chicken and serve with mashed potatoes and cream gravy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Quail To Eat

• 1 decade ago

Not everyone has a taste for it, but those who do consider it a delicacy. It's smaller than a chicken and has a nice taste. You can usually eat a whole quail (or two).

• 1 decade ago

Quail is very good- a bit darker than chicken, and much smaller. They are great rotissiried or grilled.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Quail is very good.

They are smaller than chickens, but very tasty if done right.

I suggest roasting them with a fine seasoning and basted with honey

• 1 decade ago

they taste good. if you cook them in the oven be prepared for a surprise, because it`s fatter than chicken meat and the fat will melt leaving you with a smaller roast than you put it.

my mother prepares them and puts honey and spices on it, then puts it in the oven, the roasted orange skin is good, tho not healthy to eat.

edit: sry, i looked the word in the dictionary, i thought it was a kind of duck. now i know what it is, i ate that too, same method described as above, or stuffed with bread mixed with vegetables.

• 1 decade ago

QUAIL IS VERY GOOD,IT IS SMALL LIKE A PIGEON.TASTES LIKE BABY CHICKEN,NOT MUCH MEAT ON THEM THOUGH.

• i tasted one when i was little. sorry i forgot what it taste like, but i'm sure it's good.

i do know quail eggs taste better than chicken, at least for me, i can gobble a bunch of 'em and still want more.

• 1 decade ago

Yup- It is- Tastes like chicken though tastier- We cook it with soy sauce, vinegar and garlic.

• 1 decade ago

smaller than chickens...

i dont think i will eat a bird smaller than a chicken ever.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.