GeneL
GeneL asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

How is it possible for someone (Level 7) to have accumulated over 300,000 points in one year?

I'm serious...

I am dumbfounded and puzzled after seeing someone with more than that in Total Points.

I wouldn't think there would be enough time in a year's worth of days to Answer the number of Questions necessary to achieve this.

Just what would it take to get to three hundred thousand (300k) points?

Would there be enough time available to also lead a "normal" life (work, family, etc.)?

he/she joined YA in April of 2006.

I'm not going to disclose the name of this person of course...

(I'm certainly not out to vilify anyone)

but I simply find this all rather curious.

Favorite Answer

well...to get just 300,000, you would have to average 822 pts daily. if somehow they managed to get best answer on all of them, they would still have to answer nearly 70 questions a day. with no best answers, it would be 411 questions a day. so my point is...they would have to answer somewhere between 70-411 questions per day. they could be voting and/or getting a lot of thumbs up...but it's likely they have no life...that's just crazy.

• sokokl

That person could have been with Yahoo Answers from the beginning of when it first started in Dec of 2005. And one of the two with over 300,000 points has been a member of Yahoo Answers since the beginning of its inception. The second member with over 300,000 points has only been here about a year.

I don't know how many questions they are answering a day every day to eventually have that lead up to part of the overall total though but some of those points are also coming from the Best Answers they get to questions they answer.

• Justin

The only way i would think he/she got that far with the points is maybe that they good in answering questions. It can be. Even if you do calculation and you get 10 points for every answer, you still wouldnt get that high even if you on yahoo answer for 30 mins. I think there would not be enough time to lead a normal life.

• kee

After a certain level, the number of questions that you can answer is unlimited. So, it's possible, especially if you don't ask any questions and you keep getting chosen as best answer.

I in basic terms cared approximately my factors and point as quickly as I had question and answer limits. i'm not right here for the 'interest', i'm right here for entertainment. i does not ideas if I in no way have been given factors or BA's, as long as i'm getting some laughs.

Yep, you're right, that would be possible (assuming the user got NO best answers) by answering some 415 questions DAILY!! LOL something's funny must be going on there...

Maybe he's got several accounts and spend his day asking dumb q's and the other accounts always give him best answer! could be done. Weird though.

They have received over 4,000 best answers and they are worth 10 points each. So the best answers put them up alot of points.

not possible