lady26
lady26 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Should I call in sck today?

i called in sick tuesday and then felt better yesutday so i didnt, and at the last minute got dizzy & threw up as heading out the door. i called in and my boss was peod at me because i am supposed to give enough notice for them to get a sub. anyways i wound up in bed all day dizzy and threw up. had dehydratoin. called my OB dr ( im 27 weeks ) she said to lay in bed all day and drink water that is what i did, and now its the middle of the night and im suffering from diahrea and still nauseas. should i go ahead and get up early and call in right away to be on the safe side? i think if u miss 3 or more days you need a dr note so i will have to be seen by a doc which will cost money i dont really have but i dont want to get ti work and not be able to perform after what happend yesutrday..

Favorite Answer

Don't risk it if you aren't sure. If you truly feel that you need to stay home and rest, then that is what you should do. When I was pregnant with my daughter, there were a few times that I didn't feel well and should've stayed home. I ended up overdoing it and had to be in the hospital to be monitered because I started to have some preterm labor at 20 weeks. The labor was stopped and I went past my due date with her. After the incident, I was told to take it easy. I ended up having to quit my job because my boss started to get worried about me too. Whatever you feel that you need to do to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, do it. In the end, you will see that it was worth it.

Source(s): My own personal experience

I would suggest that you call your OB and see what she recommends. If it means calling in again, then do it with the explanation that you're going to seek medical advice and attention if necessary. Some women experience the dizziness and the nausea/vomiting throughout their whole pregnancy but then again it could just be a flu. However, if you're that concerned you could make the effort to go in and give it a try to show your employer that you're at least trying! In the end, though, you need to do what you feel is best for you and baby. Take it easy!

Take care of yourself. That is most important.

You'll get back to work if you know what's good for you.

Do you want to lose your job? Please, you aren't that sick. Suck it up and stop being such a whiner.