eurotrek asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Can you use Rogaine for a long time?

Hello,

I'm a 26 year old guy and have noticed the hair on the top of my head begin to visibly thin.

I want to start using Rogaine/Minoxidil, but every report I read on the subject says that the hair loss returns to its natural state as soon as you stop using the product.

Can you safely use Minoxidil for years and years? Like, e.g., 5 years in a row? Does anyone have any experience with this? Basically, I'd like to maintain the same level of hair thickness (or slightly improve it), until I'm at least 30.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks!

• ilse72
    Favorite Answer

No experience but, yes, you can use Rogaine long term. In fact, that is how it is designed. Not only is the goal to help you with your hair, but to keep the company "in the money". Please note, rogaine does not work for everyone or for all types of baldness or hair loss. Also, if you are thinning and have not seen a doctor, you need to do that first to be sure there isn't a treatable medical condition for your hair loss.

For more info on Rogaine, please go here:

http://www.rogaine.com.au/men/m_consumer.htm

Source(s): I'm an R.N.