Wedding Song: Miss Independent?

This song totally fits me! Any suggestions on how to incorporate it into either ceremony or reception??

Kelly Clarkson--

Miss independent

Miss self-sufficient

Miss keep your distance

Miss unafraid

Miss out of my way

Miss don't let a man interfere, no

Miss on her own

Miss almost grown

Miss never let a man help her off her throne

So, by keeping her heart protected

She'd never ever feel rejected

Little miss apprehensive

Said ooh, she fell in love

What is the feelin' takin' over?

Thinkin' no one could open my door

Surprise...It's time

To feel what's real

What happened to Miss Independent?

No more the need to be defensive

Goodbye, old you

When love is true

Favorite Answer

I love that song! But if your guests don't know the lyrics like you do it might send the wrong messege. Consider printing the lyrics and placing them in a program/keepsake/thank you for coming sort of thing and place them on the chairs or have a groomsman hand them out as people enter before sitting. Explaine why it is meaningful to the TWO of you. There is no reason why you should not have what you want at your own wedding, just remember not to confuse your guests into thinking you are simply Miss Indepenent.

I know what you mean--"eargasmic" lol is a good description ;) I can't think of many songs with piano in them at the moment, these stand out though: Haru Haru- Big Bang Because of You- After School Love In The Ice- DBSK (Japanese) ~(I'll come back again to edit if I remember some more songs that have piano parts in them).. edit: Ah! I just thought of some more! ^__^ Living in the Heart- Untouchable (ft. Narsha -from Brown Eyed Girls) Um, if you like slow songs with piano accompaniment then you might like these (they're not upbeat, it's more melodic): Can't Let You Go Even If I Die- 2AM Without Words- 9th Street My Everything- Lee Min Ho I'm sure there's quite a few other songs out there too.. (I might edit again.. =__=;; sorry!) re-edit: The other answerers gave really good suggestions, so I couldn't find anything else.. Hope you'll have lots of eargasms lol xD

This is a gr8 song, I actually had this played at my wedding.

Instead of the traditional wedding march I had cassey & jojo "All My Life" which I walked up the isle to and then after the ceremony I had the above Kelly Clarkson song played as my new husband and I walked out. It just summed everything up.

We then had aerosmith as our first dance.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding day, and enjoy every minute of it!!

Good Luck x

Try findding just the instrmental version and use that as you walk down. You could you is at the reception It is your day . Do what the two of you like. DO not let what others have said or will say dictate what you want.

Each has it's choice of songs they want played, if that is what your choice is then so be it, yes it would be an ideal song to play going into the church as you take your vows to say goodbye to the old you and welcome in the new you

• Lydia

Just play it at the dance.