explain why when searching for specific item does the browser jump to different locations than requested?

May 11/07 when I went on the internt to look up my church bulletin it jumped to something entirely different. Then i could not return to the home page without clicking on the X in the upper corner. I deleted the internet explorer twice and re downloading it to see if this would correct the problem. No difference. Please help. Wilfred Schulze

Best Answer

well Mr.Wilfred Schulze you have a form of maleware on your computer..try som of the free service on line such as spybot search and destroy ( it is free and good) avg at grisoft.com is free and good

Some nasty people sneak programs onto your computer which modify what your Web browser shows you, so you see paid advertisements instead of what you're looking for.

This is called adware, spyware or scumware, and falls in the general category of "computer virus".