Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Have you read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult? what are other good books to read?

i don't read books much...but i hav read the book by Jodi Picoult "My Sister's Keeper" because my friend reccommended it to me and it was such an awsom book i think everyone should read it...but omg the twist at the end!!! dude!!! i won't spoil it for those who haven't read it but yeh. anyways i would like to read another interesting book and has anyone got any suggestions... ive heard her other books weren't as good. ive also liked the john marsden series of tommorrow when the war began. so what book can i read now??? or whats your favourite book?

Best Answer

You should definitely read The Pact and Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult as well. They're both excellent and heart wrenching and everything you want out of a good book! If you like Picoult, check out Anita Shreve as well - The Pilot's Wife was great. I also recently read a book called Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It was a bit futuristic and also very moving. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (sp?) was AMAZING!!! Also look for Fall on Your Knees and The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald. Hope this helped!!

• Rosa

Personally the only two books I've read by Jodi Picoult are Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper( I read MSK first), and Nineteen Minutes was AMAZINg. I strongly suggest it. I want to read the Pact but i'm kind of scared because I'm on the younger side of the audience that reads her books, and I don't want to read something that's going to be really disturbing or anything( and the theme of the book is kind of alarming. Still i'm sure that it's amazing ;), and i'm def. reading it eventually. Sorry, this might be a bit confusing but I hope that it helps some.

I've read a bunch of Picoult books, and they're all largely engaging with her classic twist at the end. Plain Truth was really good, actually. I'd also recommend The Life of Bees and The Mermaid Chair, both by the same author (name escapes me at the moment). And anything by Anita Shreve, if you like wrenching endings. Also, if you've never read Girl with a Pearl Earring, I completely recommend that one as well. Enjoy--these are among my favorites and were very tough to put down.

her other books are definitely worth reading...they're amazing and always tackle such hard topics in a way that makes them hard to put down. btw, i heard that there might be a movie on "my sister's keeper" in 2008. definitely read 19 minutes, it also has a twist and is good to read with the virginia tech disaster so recent in our history. enjoy...

You should try her newest book, Nineteen Minutes. That one was definitely good. She is a very good writer and you should try and read some of her others.

I recently read My Sister's Keeperand i loved it as well. I'll probably read her other books and you probably should too if you really enjoyed it.

I really havn't read this book, but i just finished Scarlet Letter A. It really was a good book.

i really enjoyed Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer...... amazing!

even tho it has to do with vampires, its more love story, but there's enough action to keep guys interested too.

lol

twilight is my absolute favorite book ever!!