Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

Is a honda or yamaha motor bike better?

Is a honda or yamaha motor bike better? Im looking for a dirt bike and i want the right one.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's all your choice, you are the one riding. As a generalization, Honda motors have a snappier power band than Yamaha. The Yamaha's power band is a little more mellow on the bottom end. That doesn't mean that Honda is faster but it is a different feel. Find a dealer that will let you test ride them. Do the research and find the bike that you feel the most comfortable on. Remember that you can change just about everything on a dirt bike(and you probably will). You can make lots of little adjustments that change the way a bike handles. I.E. proper suspension sag, moving handle bars, tire pressure, gear sizes. Find what fits you and your riding style the best and modify it to fit your needs. What works for me will probably not work for you.

P.S. Love my Yamaha

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Neither, they both make excellent dirt bikes. In my opinion. Yamaha makes a better 2 stroke 125 and 250. It is pretty much a tie with the 250 and 450 4 stroke MX bikes and I like the Honda 250 and 450 woods bikes (X model) better than the Yamaha WR models. You can't go wrong either way.

• 4 years ago

All of the Japanese marks are good. Triumph is good. All bikes from China are crap. I am not aware of any Korean bikes, I think maybe you are thinking about the Chinese bikes here. The best all told is probably Honda, although all of the rest of the Jap bikes are very good. Triumph is on par with the Jap bikes also. Yes the Suzuki Maurader is a good choice for a 1st bike. Don't rule out the Yamaha Virago 250 or the Kawasaki Ninja 250 though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Personally... Yamaha<3

I race a YZ125 and I love it, it's a very good bike.

It depends though, are you going to be on trails or doing motocross?

The Yamaha TTR an awesome trail bike, but Honda's are pretty good also.

But as far as motocross goes- the YZ125 has been the best for years now, statistically speaking.

Mainly though, go with what fits you best, whatever you feel most comfortable on.

-cc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go with honda for dirt and yamaha for street

• 1 decade ago

Don't let other people make these kinds of decisions for you.

You have to pay for it.

You have to maintain it.

It will be your butt on that seat.

Check out both brands your self,

and then buy the Honda.

• 1 decade ago

is it for the dirt or street,dirt, i would say a honda ,for the street they are aboutt the same as far as reliability

• 1 decade ago

Ouch - LOADED question - you trying to cause trouble here???

:-)

This is the oldest rivalry in Japanese motorcycling!

• 1 decade ago

Yamaha all the way.......................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.