Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is it an insult for buying cologne or perfume for someone?

Are we telling that person that they smell or we think that this will smell good on that person?

Favorite Answer

Not at all, but women usually have a certain brand. You could say, "I smelled this one while looking for my cologne & wondered if you like the fragrance also".

• sarge

I don't think it's an insult but most of the people I know, including myself, would rather choose their own scent. If you know what scent they prefer then perfume or cologne is a wonderful gift, and not insulting at all.

• gone

I like cologne as a gift. Most of family or friends know what kinds I use. I dont over use it, and use it lightly. Usually I think people don't mind so long as they know you and pretty much know what you like. I always compliment others, 95% women, on how nice they smell, mostly in the morning. They always smile and say, "Oh, thank you."

• CTU

Well, I don't think it's an insult but it would be hard to know what kind of perfume the person would like because I know, I don't like alot of perfumes!!

A really nice perfume is a great gift for someone. My mom loves White Linen from Estee Lauder so I got her a bottle for Mother's Day. She'll love it! I think she'd only be offended if I got her a bottle of the Paris Hilton line. *lol*

It's only an insult if it's cheap. I can't imagine anyone thinking of this as an insult. You're saying that you like the scent and you like it when she wears it. Nothing wrong with that.

In my opinion, perfume is a great start!

cologne/perfume is a great gift, go buy it. but it is an insult if it comes with a bar of soap. (HaHa!)

• Kandie

What a nice gift. Everyone loves cologne.

• Jana

so long as the scent isn't offensive to that person then yeah go ahead. but do remain open to that person saying just that. take your friend with you and let it be a personal choice. take notes at what he/she likes and the next time you need a present then WA LA! you've got a good idea what to do.

a person can never have to many choices of smelly good stuff!

i love getting perfume! i dont think of it as an insult!