Frank
Lv 6
Frank asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

9/11 conspiracy theories aside, is it possible that Flight 93 was shot down, rather than...?

..the official story that the passengers overpowered the hijackers and the plane crashed in the process? Consider:

1. The wreckage was strewn over 3 miles, and was in smaller pieces than found at other jet crash sites..

2. Eyewitness accounts saying that they did not see a 737 or any jet that large.

3. Donald Rumsfeld stating that it was shot down in a press conference, but later retracting that comment.

So hijackers accomplish their mission at the WTC and the Pentagon. Is it possible that the only part of the official story that was misinformation was the truth about how Flight 93 went down? There certainly was the motive for shooting it down, and certainly the motive for changing the story if it was. Thoughts?

I'd also appreciate it if people refrain from flaming me, I'm not a 9/11 conspiracy believer.

Update 2:
Update 3:

Meathook - Do those calls prove that it wasn't shot down? Deductive reasoning says no.

Also, some conspiracy believers go as far as to say many of those calls were faked - using voice-impersonators or the passengers themselves at another location! hehehe

Update 4:

I'm surprised by how many responses are simply flaming and "how dare you!", and not even taking the time to logically think about it or investigate it, or look at those videos I provided or anything about it.

Please, at least look at these things before saying how wrong I am for questioning it.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Wow ! Those are some nice video clips. Thanks for the links.

Yes, it is most certainly possible, if not highly probable, that Flight 93 was shot down. This is what I have heard really happened:

United Airlines Flight 93 did not crash as a result of a struggle between the passengers and the alleged hijackers, but was shot down by the North Dakota Air Guards flying F-16's. On orders from Adjutant General Mike Haugen of the State of North Dakota and in opposition to V.P. Cheney's stand down orders, Major Rick Gibney spotted the airline flying by remote control, headed toward Washington D.C. and shot it down. This is why that debris, including human remains, rained on areas several miles away from the Shanksville, PA crash site.

"Col. Don de Grand-pre first broke the story of the Happy Hooligans and the shootdown of Flight 93 during his interview on The Alex Jones (AJ) Show."

The Colonel confirmed that the man he spoke to who told him that he had shot down Flight 93 was Major Rick Gibney. Gibney fired two sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in mid flight at precisely 0958. He was awarded a medal from the Governor one year later for his heroic actions. As well as Decorated by Congress on 9/13/2001.

"...the aircraft, you see, had totally unconscious people on board. There were no hijackers. At 9:35, the Happy Hooligans, the Air Guard flying the F-16s were ordered to take that plane out. And they took it out from 9:35 to 10:00."

"There had been an adjustment to the controls, probably by an AWACs aircraft flying overhead, again, remote control. And it was on a course for either the Capitol or the White House."

AJ," ...we've got Cheney's stand down orders taking place." "Well, this is correct, but you see the Adj. General of the State of North Dakota gave the command to take it out. And, by God, they took it out."

Flight 93 Shootdown Pilot Identified

http://kysor.blogspot.com/2004_06_01_archive.html

LetsRoll911.org Article - Flight 93 Shot Down

http://www.911omissionreport.com/93_pilot/

More On The F-16 Happy Hooligans And Flt 93

http://www.rense.com/general54/happy.htm

Award for man who shot down Flight 93 on 9/11

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8497338527...

• 3 years ago

Flight 93 Theories

• 4 years ago

So the lady that actually watched the plane crash, I guess is yelling, give it rest, these 9-11 Conspiracy theories are getting dumber and dumber, especially when science and the Popular Mechanics articles debunked every theory. 9-11 conspiracy theorists are guys that never made cool friends in school, the outcats, always wanted to be accepted but weren't no they see this as chance to be accepted to they joined and bought into 9-11 conspiracy theories merry band of losers to finally get a few friends, and disrespect the lives lost that day, kinda of pathetic don't you think

• 1 decade ago

There are many cell phone calls to relatives where the passengers told their loved ones what was happening and their plans to try to take the plane back from the attackers.

Edit - Amazing that even though there are actual voice records that state their intentions and the plane goes down very soon afterwards and you want to believe something else happened. And your use of some Conspiracy Believers think that the calls were faked really discredits you at this point. There are several Conspiracy Believers that think the whole thing was staged by the President to rally public sentiment to attack Iraq. Does that make it true? Not by a long shot. You cannot use the views of a group who determine their positions based on their hatred of this administration as your examples.

Edit - And how can you say conspiracy theories aside and then quote the conspiracy theorists as your proof? Come on just admit that you-re one of them. You'll be happier out of the closet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Possible, but unlikely.

I find it very plausible that after getting cell phone calls about the other jets, those on Flight 93 decided their best chance at survival was to try to overpower the hijackers. If this isn't a motive, I don't know what is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, I find this question more offensive than the ones claiming the government planned this whole thing.

The people on flight 93, without regard for their own life, heroically took down that plane saving who knows how many other lives. To question that detracts from their memory. It is not only unAmerican it is Inhuman.

EDIT: Who says we didn't look at your contrived azz videos you enormous tool?! I have watched all that bunk and come to the conclusion that there are a lot of semi-retarded people in this country with way too much access to video editing equipment!

• 1 decade ago

Flight 93 WAS NOT shot down, the offical story about the Passengers over powering the hi-jackers IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, you could hear what was going on in the plane. However, America was prepared to shoot it down if it was necessary, and rightly so. Do not defame the heroes on that plane.

• 1 decade ago

Sure you're not.

Someone who didn't see anything is not an "eyewitness."

• 1 decade ago

Of course its possible. The 9/11 official findings was incomplete and a coverup. We will never know what really happened. What is known is that bush failed america.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.