What would you rather see, a person who works at McDonalds scrubbing toilets or a person on welfare?

Favorite Answer

Scrubbing toilets – there is something about a job well done and personal satisfaction that will never come to the welfare person.

There is nothing so stupid as the educated man if you get him off the thing he was educated in. - Will Rogers

The point is that the person who works at McDonald's scrubbing toilets won't still be doing that and won't still be making $7/hour a few years down the road.

Didn't we ALL do that for a living once? Either at McDonald's or a video store or some similar retail establishment?

But you know what? Those jobs have fixed schedules that allow you to take night courses at community colleges - courses that are subsidized by the taxpayers. And those jobs aren't particularly taxing on the brain. And that's WHY almost nobody with that kind of a job today will still have that kind of a job 10 years from now (and please, Lefties, the numbers are very, very clear on this point).

But if we were to freeze entry-level workers out of entry-level jobs they'd NEVER move up.

So the answer to your question is that I would rather not see them on welfare.

It's easy to say. I don't know that I would be willing to clean toilets, especially in bars. However, we never know what is around the corner. China could be running the US in a couple decades. I don't know how to speak Chinese.

Ideally I would like to see the toilets be cleaned automatically by a system (with as little human need as possible). And, it's a case by case basis.

Ideally people want to be fulfilled and be needed. If they can provide for themselves/their family in a way that doesn't destroy their self-esteem and their health they will.

If someone is on disability it is because doctors, psychiatrists, counselors, concerned connected individuals do not think the person should be working at this point in time.

I doubt any one is proud to be on welfare.

The person working at McDonald's. That's a person who is doing the right thing. Assuming he/she is a good worker, there will be advancement, whether at McDonald's or with another employer. There is no advancement on welfare, no way to better one's self.

the person at Mcdonalds is probably on welfare- you still work or go to school while on it. its not disability

Working. I do not approve of the majority of the welfare programs.

• Maudie

Scrub away!

work, its an age old tradition

Nothing wrong with work.