opinions on these names?

wat do u think of these names:

girls:

jade

jada

alesia(not pronounced like alicia)

Laila

Lori

Clarissa

Claire

boys:

Justin

Jaylan

Brandon

Anthony

Favorite Answer

Jade - I like this, over used a little but would be a great middle name.

Jada- Not a fan, reminds me of Will Smith's wife or just a black girl in general.

Alesia- it's a cuter version of Alicia, but not really likeing it much either.

Laila - I love this name! it's very very cute! and reminds me of Laila Ali who i love... Plus it's super girlie, my favorite on your list by far.

Lori- It's my aunts name, and seems to be really dated. I dont like it at all.

Clarissa- reminds me of that show with melissa joan hart when i was a kid, Clarissa explains it all... i dont like it

Clarie- it's super girlie, but i dont like it. perhaps an ok middlename.

Boys:

Justin - One of my all time faves! it's classic and timeless... My husband and I are actually thinking about naming out future son that. My faveorite for sure!

Jaylan- I like it, It seems a little too girlie to me tho... But i do like it

Brandon- It's another one of those timeless names! It's very cute...

Anthony - I love this name as well! It's very strong and manly and timeless which i think a boys name should be.

Good Luck!

Of your list I like Jada, Laila and Clarissa best

I think they have a prettiness/softness to them the others lack a bit. Clarissa can seem a bit fussy, but I love the nickname possibilities (Rissa, Clar, Issa).

Claire is nice too but a little bland as its quite common. Clara is nicer to me.

For the boys its Justin and Anthony for me.

Brandon and Jaylan seem a bit clumpy and cliched, whereas the other two come with less baggage I think. I also like classic names for boys and those two go back to the Romans (with Justin as Justinian). Jay is nice though, and I guess Jaylan is the only name it can come out of.

Jade/Jada - mother spends too much time reading gossip columns / watching E!

Alesia - Mom was trying to hard, or did not know how to spell Ellysia (the Fields where good warriors would spend eternity).

Laila - Mom ignorant of the correct spelling of Leila.

Jaylan - see comments for Jade/Jada

Lori, Clarissa, Claire, Justin, Brandon, Anthony - mother truly wanted to give her child a strong and confident name which they could carry to adulthood with their head held high.

I like Laila, Alesia, Jaida and Jaylan, Brandon

Jada is pretty for a girl and Imunique is a name I read some where which is different, Jaylan is nioce for a boy ar even Jayden too.

• Andrew

All are okay names except

alesia(not pronounced like alicia) -- She'll spend her whole life explaining to people who to properly pronounce her name. It will drive her nuts.

Clarissa - This sounds like a feminine hygine product

Jaylan - This is a horrible, horrible, soap opera sounding name for a boy. Oh, and did I mention it is horrible?

girls:

jade - Nice but the only girls I know called Jade are nasty.

jada - I prefer Jayda.

alesia - I'd pronounce this A-LEZ-E-UH. I wouldn't want my child at the risk of being called Lez-e.

Laila - Perfect.

Lori - Ok, prefer it for a boy because I know a guy with the name. I think the girls spelling is Laurie.

Clarissa - Sounds witchy.

Claire - Plain.

boys:

Justin - Ok.

Jaylan - Don't like it.

Brandon - Sweet.

Anthony - Cool - bound to be a charmer when he grows up.

I like Laila, Justin, and Jaylan.

I actually know a girl named Jaylynn. The name works for boys and girls in my opinion, and I like the way you spell it better.

I love Jade or Jada for the girls and for the boys I like Justin and Jaylan...also for a boy , i kno its not on your list but Jayden I think is really cute...

jade: Not unless you are a Chav (Google if you dont know )

jada: Definately not.

alesia(not pronounced like alicia): Dont even think about it!

Laila: Thats ok.

Lori: Better, but she'll be bullied, especially if shes a fatty.

Clarissa: Thats ok.

Claire: Fine.

boys:

Justin: Too boyband

Jaylan: Just dont.

Brandon: Perhaps but still no.

Anthony: Not unless you want him known as Ant or Tony.