okay so this sounds stupid?

but i have herd a couple times on tv. and also on hear the word asexual... what does that mean exactly?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Asexual can have a few meanings. Firstly, it can be genderless. And if you've heard about "asexual reproduction" it's a cellular word meaning that something reproduces by splitting in half. As for the term you've probably heard here's a book listed definition:

Asexuality is a general term or self-designation for people who do not exhibit sexual attraction, or who otherwise find sexual behavior unappealing. There is debate as to whether this is a sexual dysfunction or a sexual orientation. Furthermore, there is disagreement over the exact definition of the word. The term is sometimes used as a gender identity by those who believe their lack of sexual attraction places them outside the traditional definitions of gender. There has been little research done on asexuality, but those studies that have been conducted suggest that, if it is a sexual orientation, it is among the least common.

Taken from Wikipedia.org. :)

• 1 decade ago

That the person is attracted to niether male or female. They are totally content with not having sex with anyone. Basically someone that's asexual has sex with themselves. Alot

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

An asexual is someone with no desire for sex what-so-ever or someone who has no discernible gender characteristics.

• 1 decade ago

No interest in sex whatsoever. No sexual desire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

when you don't feel sexual to any sexual desire, this is normally found in eunuchs (castrated men)

• 1 decade ago

not interested in sex at all

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

SIGH

SOUNDS LIKE MY BOYFRIEND...

WELL, AT LEAST I HAVE THE INTERNET!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.