I've never been to a nude beach but would like to try. Who else is thinking the same?

I've never been to a nude beach but would really to like to try- one of those "have to try once" type experiences, plus sounds very relaxing and can get a great tan. I'm curious if others are thinking the same- that is, they have never been but are thinking of trying.

Favorite Answer

I go to them all the time! :-)

It doesn't matter your body type, you'll find all sorts of people there. If you try it once, you'll definately keep going back. It's a very liberating experience and I usually have a hard time leaving, especially if I've been at a nude resort for more than a couple of days. It's hard to get dressed again and join the 'real world'. It's a wonderful, natural getaway.

I've gone to the nude beach here on Long Island for he past 4 years and I cannot imagine enjoying the beach any other way than completely naked. The first thing that you realize (after you get over the first few minutes of "OMG I'm naked in public" is that it's a totally natural and relaxing experience. The nude beach is incredibly sensual but not sexual; there's a major difference between the two and you'll recognize the difference once you're there.

Be prepared to enjoy yourself immensely, and remember to put sunscreen on those areas of your body that haven't been exposed to the sun before...otherwise you can get a nasty burn very quickly, which is never fun.

Don't gawk, stare at others or act like a perv in any way (that means no sneaking photos from camera phones or disposable cameras...very uncool!) It's OK and perfectly natural to look at other naked people and appreciate their bodies...we all do it. But looking isn't staring or leering or violating personal space or...you get the message, I;m sure.

Go there and have a great time...you'll never want to wear anything on the beach again!

Bare hugs...

I went to Hawaii when I was 12 and there is a famous beach called Waikiki, that at one end is considered a nude beach. And let me tell you, it doesn't matter how big or skinny you are. Those people don't care.

I don't think I could be completely nude, so I'd still get my bottoms on, but I say go for it. It'll be a great confidence boost because all sorts of people are at nude beaches who have flaws and being around people who are that comfortable with their bodies will give you more confidence.

I would definitely go to one again, now that I'm old enough to make that decision myself.

• Dave

There's absolutely nothing like it. It is quite relaxing and freeing to go and be yourself.

Don't go for what you will see, don't go to be seen, go to enjoy being at one with nature. Try it and see if you like it! And next time invite some friends to go along! We need more people to actively participate in healthy nude recreation so that it breaks the stereotype associated with nudity.

i`ve never been to an all-nude beach, but i lived in brazil & it`s practically the same thing, because most gals go topless & wear the thongs & guys are in the speedos...i luved it!!! & i miss it now that i`m back in the u.s.!!!

I've visited three such beaches. Total disappointment! There were NO pretty young women OR handsome young men - there were a handful of wrinkled, overweight, white-haired old men and two or three saggy baggy old women whose mammaries hung down to their navels...UGH!! I may be plug-ugly, but those people - gag me!

think its nice to go on feeling to be a natural a human without anything to hide sign of being natural transparent

i go all the time. best way to tan