Lin B asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Happy Mother's Day! What makes you a great Mom?

• Amy E
    Favorite Answer

I love my kids so much! But...I dont think I am a great mom!

• sglmom

I FINALLY Transitioned to being an Empty-Nesting Single Retiree just a few short months ago ... after being a Long Term Single Parent ....

I ENDURED -- their selfish, hormonal-raging, nasty teenage/young adult years, I showed them BY Example throughout their lives what BEING A RESPONSIBLE Adult means ...

AND NOW ...

THEY are able to experience the FULL Consequences or Benefits of the ADULT choices they WANTED to make -- for they ARE adults .. and I will NOT 'enable' any adult-age child to be irresponsible or dependent on me or addictive or any other problem behavior.

This "Tough Love" is the GREATEST Gift of all -- for independent and successful adulthood means that ONE is FULLY Responsible for the Decisions/Choices that one makes!

Source(s): Been there, done that, now the Empty-Nesting Single Retiree! I am FINALLY Able to Sit Down, Relax, and yes, ENJOY the LIFE that I've EARNED through all these many, many years of being the ONLY Wage-Earner and Income Source for the Family. I am now CARING for the one FORGOTTEN ... me ... and as a Retiree (and Empty-Nester) .. I am exploring NEW interests and ideas to keep me active now for the rest of my life. The best gift is what I gave them -- MY Good example and a Secure Home with Food, Clothing, A Roof over their Heads, and yes, things that were beyond these necessities and my caring, giving nature. NOW ... it is their time to make choices and decisions and live with the results. It is what ALL Adults must do!

She made the world a better place by giving birth to me.