If you are denied the experience of universal love?

Meaning if you are not allowed to love all people the same because of what a spouse may think of that, then are you being treated fairly or are you subjected to the selfish nature of the spouse?

Favorite Answer

You aren't being fair to yourself, nor is your spouse being fair to you. I've been with someone like that and it was a major turn-off that I had to fight because I was really attracted to this person.

I don't think she really ever experienced any pain caused by someone of a different race or culture but she had just been filled with a lot of garbage. And she kept it going by looking for faults in people. She never looked at her own issues and bad habits. She never said anything hateful when "her people" did something ignorant or "wrong".

I wished she could have changed but she was just a hard-headed bigot. And I do feel a lot less stressful not being with her. Too many arguments and stupid comments just kept my blood pressure up.

in your words .... you are subject to his selfish nature ... how you treat people is up to you ... not your spouse

Depends on what you mean by "love." You haven't given enough information, but it sounds to me like you've already answered your own question, whatever it is.