does romantic love exist and is it necessary?

I have never been in requited love. I'm 34 and have never had a boyfriend, been on a date or received flowers. Am I too picky and unrealistic to expect that rush of romantic love, at least for a little while, or are most people out there just marrying people they don't have romantic sexual feelings for and dating people they get on well with instead?

should i date someone I get on well with, respect, trust and admire - even if I don't feel the sexual attraction or romantic love?

Favorite Answer

I think it would be an excellent idea to date someone you "get on well with, respect, trust and admire - even if I don't feel the sexual attraction or romantic love".

The reason I think so, is that sometimes, even many times, romantic love and sexual attraction can develop as you get to know the person.

Since you are 34, I think that as an adult, you can look beyond the quick fix (romantic rush) and hang in for something real to develop.

I also think you should be flexible and open to all possibilities and opportunities. Sometimes life is not like the movies and we don't all get the chance to get married and live happily ever after. But if you will give all kinds of men a chance, you may be surprised by what can happen and perhaps you will find the love you are looking for.

Good luck!

YES it does, and YES it is!!! i wouldnt survive without it