?

Am I supposed to worship your God too?

Even though in ancient times, your God helped your ancestors murder my ancestors?

Let me state it this way:

"Even though your ancestors believed that God was on their side.

No God worthy of worship supports anyone's war - ever.

It's Robert DuVall's head, actually.

Dear opinionated, it was in his name the were slain, but I should love him cuz he's still my buddy?

bwjordan,

it is strictly an allegorical question, not one actually regarding my own ancestors. Some of my own ancestors may well have been among those doing the killing. My whole point is, which no one appears to have caught, is that it seems quite a bit much to expect that anyone should worship the religion and the god of a murderous historical enemy. It cuts rather deeply into the credibility of their entire values and their god. It's just not good P.R.

Favorite Answer

You're only supposed to do what seems right for you. We have no control over what happened in ancient times. All we have is right here right now so it's not logical to base your decisions today on what happened in centuries past. To learn from our ancestors mistakes is the best we can hope for - but apparently we can't even manage that.

"As regards the Word particularly, it has existed in every age, though not the Word we possess at the present day. Another Word existed in the Most Ancient Church before the Flood, and yet another Word in the Ancient Church after the Flood. Then came the Word written through Moses and the Prophets in the Jewish Church, and finally the Word written through the Evangelists in the new Church. The reason why the Word has existed in every age is that by means of the Word there is a communication between heaven and earth, and also that the Word deals with goodness and truth, by which a person is enabled to live in eternal happiness. In the internal sense therefore the Lord alone is the subject, for all goodness and truth are derived from Him" (Arcana Coelestia n. 2895).

Source(s): Swedenborg

Do you know who my ancestors are? Because I have really been trying to get my family geneology worked out. So far, we only have it traced back to about 1800. If you could tell me who, then I would appreciate it.

I'm not sure what your ancestors were doing that made them a target of God and His people. It does make me wonder which of your ancestors were killed and which He spared, since some of them survived (or else you wouldn't be here). But that is your geneology, not mine.

I'm not sure what religion my ancestors were, do you know? What were your ancestors?

Thanks!

Well, first of all you don't even understand that your ancestors are just the bodies God gave them and He also gave everyone power and authority. Not just you, We give our belief the power to operate they do not have any power of their own except God and if you don't like God what makes you think He will like you? As you believe so be it done to you.

Let me state it this way your wrong about God.

Worship is up to the individual. We must each search for God while we can. If your search is successful you will come to know the name of Jehovah. You will become a footstep follower of God's son, Christ Jesus.

You will become a witness of Jehovah to everyone you meet. You will have a brotherhood all over the world.

God rules that is for sure, And remember only death is certain and you were born to die. Now doesn't it make a whole lot of sense to get a relationship with the one who you can live in Heaven with for eternity?

When GOD kills it is not murder it is righteous punishment and yes, God does kills the Bible says so. He said it himself. READ your Bible.

Deuteronomy 32:39

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Is that Britney Spears bald head?

• Miki

only 1 God.

It is your choice - but war is not murder.

And I doubt that they were your ancestors, since most of them, if not all were killed in battle.