Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

How do I get the mayor to change the name of my town to Hillbilly Hullabaloo?

I think it fits.

Suprisingly, this isn't the south. I think the name fits because the hillbillies seem to be concentrated here.

Favorite Answer

You would need to start a lobbyist organization. A non profit that will concentrate on centralizing your agenda and getting it to the right people. Maybe you could call it the Hillbilly association of the greater ??? area. You would then have to start petitioning the Mayor's office for open discussion on the subject. Once a meeting is arranged it would be helpful to have a petition signed by 51% of the constituency. After the motion is on the table you will need heavy intercept marketing to combat the competition of the movement, which I imagine will be a lot. You'll also want to saturate the local media with positive image for the new look and feel of the towns "brand".

Summation: Get organized, be visible, and never stop. Dammit woman your a lobbyist now!

• Chali

Petition for change of town name. go to the county clerks office and file a petition for the change of town name. It will require signatures from the voting public in the area, but if you work hard (standing outside your local grocery store collecting names) you may actually be able to do it. Depending on the population of the town, you may need a lot of signatures.

• John M

Get a petition up. With this name you've come up with, people will be climbing over each other to sign it.

Get people to sign a petition.

Get a petition going.

Start a petition...if enough people sign it, who knows.

That would be pretty cool if you could get it to happen.

Bang him, either that or get a petition going.

emulate Monica Lewinski

start a petition,good luck,lol

Send him to Jerry Springer :)