Licence Suspension?

My drivers license is suspended in TN. I moved to AL about 8 months ago. Can I get an AL license??

Favorite Answer

Simplest answer....no!

The State of Alabama has what's referred to as "reciprocity" with all other states which honor each others driver suspension and revocations.

When you appear at the drivers license office your name and SSN will be run via NCIC at which time it will show your Tennessee suspension.

The easiest way to clear the problem up is to pay the fines associated with the Tennessee suspension at which time your ability to obtain an Alabama license will be cleared!

Feel free to email me directly for more information.

Best wishes.

Source(s): Police Officer +30 years (Alabama)

Not Sure about that, if you received your license in TN, Handle that ASAP! because AL will not do anthing with transfering your licences till that is paid!

Girl Been there done that! Already! and you don't want to get anymore tickets while your suspended, that ticket is a lot driving after suspention, More Money to pay out! call TN drivers place and get it straighten out!

• Mike

No. You have take care of the suspension in TN. All the states have a national database so tickets and suspensions are always known to other states.

Simply put, no. You will have to wait to for your TN license to become valid again before being able to obtain a valid AL license.

Until your suspension has been served, you cannot apply for a license in another state.