Can't get a moment's peace - was this rude to say to my husband?

My husband always likes to be together ... I always have our cat come in the bathroom with me when I shower, and this morning was about the third time in a week that my husband had to come in and pester me in there.

I got a little perturbed, and he said, oh, it's okay if the cat comes in, but I can't disturb you.

I told him that when he loses the ability to speak that he'd be more than welcome to come in.

Was that really rude of me?

Favorite Answer

Some of your other issues include:

* your neighbor shooting one-legged blue jays while he is naked

* you more than one time giving your friend scented tampons and she is disgusted every time

* your husband suffocating you with his big fat legs

* your mailman stalking you

I mean, 700 questions and most of them are repeated 2 or three times and they bounce all over hell and creation.

I say talk to your cat & ask her if it's okay if he joins you two in the shower. That way no one will need a scented tampon and the stalking mailman won't find you in there and you won't hear you naked neighbor shooting one-legged blue jays.

It was rude, but it is understandable. Your time in the bathroom in the mornings is your time.. Time not to be disturbed, time to think right? Or just to relax away from the pressures that you know are going to be there when you step out of the shower? So explain to him that those few quiet moments in the bathroom are yours, not that you don't love him and love sharing time with him, but for you this is your time and the cat doesn't talk, doesn't disturb or bother you in anyway... I am sure if you try you can get him to understand without being rude or causing hurt feelings.. Good luck..

Source(s): life experience

That was really rude!! If you consider your husband wanting to be close to you pestering you, then you should not be married to him. You obviously are not in love with him or you would want him to be near you.

He has a good point. I love to have my cat in the bathroom with me too, but I love it when my wife pops in too. I enjoy the company of both my wife and my cat. My wife often comes into the bathroom while I am in the shower and I do the same when she is in the shower.

Take care,

Troy

Wanting some alone time is not rude. The way you put it, was rude. You could have said that you are just looking for a little alone time and, since the cat doesn't talk, this non-verbal company relaxes you and gives you time to think.

No it wasn't rude. Rude is coming in to the shower when someone is trying to have quality time with the cat!

I think it was terribley funny....what is so important that he cant wait to tell you when you get out of the shower or bathroom?? the cat just wants to watch not carry on a conversation

WELL IT WAS NICE THE WAY YOU SAID IT BUT YOU DID PUT THE CAT AHEAD OF YOUR HUSBAND AND IM SURE THAT HURT HIS FILL AND NOT SAYING THINGS NICE MADE IT WORSE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING ALONE TIME FOR ME I TELL MY HUSBAND I M KINDA KEYED UP I NEED TO GO SIT AND SOAK FOR AS WHILE SEE YOU IN A FEW ... AND WE DO SPEND JUST ABOUT EVERY BREATHING MOMENT TOGETHR HE PERFERS WE SHOWER TOGETHER AND WE DO ABOUT 4 TIMES A WEEK HE LIKES ME TO WASH HIS HAIR AND LATHER HIM UP ME I PERFER A BATH LONG AND BUBBLEY MAYBE U NEED TO SAY YOUR SORRY FOR THE WAY YOU SAID IT AND TRY TO EXPLAIN YOU JUST NEED ALONE TIME AND THAT DOESNT MEAN U DONT LOVE HIM JUST NEED TIME TO GET YOUR THOUGHT IN ORDER GOOD LUCK

It was rude, but it was how oyu feel. Don't hold stuff back, he needs to know that oyu want your space. You don't want to be bothered in the shower. I understand, I have a husband like this. Constantly needy and trying to get my attention.

• whats wrong with ur man coming into the bathroom as ur showering .. i love the company i have a 1 in a half year old son that jumps in with me .. and i jut think thats funny my husband would bring him to the bathroom so he can see that mommy hasnt left and that shes home .. **** i go in the bathroom when hubby is showering .. grow up .. its not like ur 13 and hes ur dad coming in what are you some kind of porno for the cat ..

• dotel

If I were your husband i ought to scream back at you; "YOUR DAD bare or BRUCE VILANCH BUTT bare". per chance you would see it really isn't any longer very "alluring" OR "respectful". i guess i do not get the completed "mom and hank bare". exciting.