Support the troops?

This is meant for those who do not support the war.

What is your attitude toward the troops? Do you support them despite not supporting the war? Do you feel they are war criminals? Or something else and why?

• Chery
    Favorite Answer

personally I support our troops except the ones who do wrong like rape and kill innocent people.

I do not however support the war because it is an illegal war / illegal occupation just for the cause of Bush's agenda and tons of lies. We all know they are not fighting for our freedom or anyone's freedom for that matter. Our presence just keeps the pot of terror stirred nothing more

our horrible leader is the war criminal here. Impeach BUSH

our mililtary should just "SAY NO"

Source(s): oh Dan, do we still have a constitution? if it does still exist Bush will get rid of it too peace

I support our troops, it's not their decision to be at war, and by no means are they the war criminals, they are following the orders of their commanders, and the commanders are following the orders of the President. If any of those troops do not follow the orders, they will face charges and imprisonment and a dishonorable discharge from the military. Whether they actually want to be there or are there because they have to be is an individual decision, but either way, they are there doing the best that they can do with the tools they are given. I support their efforts 100%, I do not support the war.

By any measure, I believe we have the best military in the world. Our soldiers are truly a credit to our country. It's most unfortunate that those of us who believe that the war has been mismanaged and our efforts damaged beyond repair are accused of "not supporting the troops." The worst you can accuse the anti-war effort of is "not supporting the President." President Bush has made an international mockery of the American military. If it were feasible, I would certainly agree to stop the war until better leadership is found.

• Dan

I dont understand how people can't support the troops. They join the military for MANY reasons, not because they support war.. For those that do join because they support war, well let them join...... It doesnt change the fact that they are actually doing something to protect the rights that we live by.... If it wasnt for the troops protecting our way of life, then we wouldnt even be here on this website expressing our beliefs... Look at North Korea, theyre not even aloud to check any kinds of news broadcast outside of their own country....

So for those who dont support the troops, you can just take your sorry @$$'s to North Korea, or any other communist country, and live like they do, cause we dont want you here anyway.....

Oh, and the military cant just "SAY NO".... If they could, then what would out own Constitution stand for?????

Source(s): Former Army sergeant... Chery... OK, so you dont like Bush. Im not a fan of Bush either.. That still doesnt give the military the ability to just "Say No"... Look, our people join the military for many reasons. When they do that, they sign a contract and give up some of those freedoms that civilians enjoy every day... They do that so we can continue to enjoy our everyday freedoms, and the true patriots that join the military are willing to do whatever it takes to preserve our way of life... There are many people out there that are jealous of our way of life and are willing to do anything to take it away from us... 9/11 ring a bell???? Once those horrible events took place, everyone became a patriot. We became united. The true patriots joined the military to ensure things like that dont happen again... Will it again, most likely, but atleast we can sleep at night knowing that we have our soldiers out there protecting our freedoms and our constitution... Such as freedom of speech, which allows us to come on to this website and talk about our own government, good or bad... Just try to imagine life here in the US without a constitution... Military enforced curfews at sundown. Military check points at the end of each street. People fighting each other at the local market just to hope that we can have some bread. Life here would look alot like life in Iraq within days... To me it sounds like you only enjoy your freedom, and havnt even given thought to those who have died to give you that freedom.... Bush couldnt get rid of the constitution on his own, it would take the entire government to do that... And if that were to happen, then God help us.
  • tom l

My daughter is at Balad AB Iraq,

My grandson is at Pusan AB S. Korea

What do you think, do I have to support an unjust war in order to be supportive of my own kids???

The only way to win a war is to not fight it, and that requires the mightiest army in the world.

I am in the Navy, and I don't support the war. I think it is a waste of time and resources. That being said, yes, I support the troops fighting in the war. They have a job to do, and they're doing it. I can't speak for all of them, but I enlisted long before it started. I chose to stay in. If I have to go fight, I will go and do the best I can, because it's my job. The choice is mine weather I stay in at the end of my enlistment, but once I chose to stay, I no longer have the choice of weather I fight for the war or not. If you don't support the war, I completely understand and agree with you. But please, support the troops, because they are doing their job. Just as a Starbucks barista has to make your coffee how you like it, a grocery bagger has to bag your groceries, or a truck driver has to drive trucks, troops have to fight in wars, because it's their job. Good question, thanks.

i think a lot of these people on here who "don't like war or violence" tend to forget that America had to fight to be free and that they are evil people out there who don't care about there own people, i mean look at all the violence in Africa, the leaders over don't care about there people, and then there are crazy muslims and islamics who want to convert everybody to there religion and if we don't convert we die, nobody asks for war, you can only sit there and take dictatorship and abuse for so long before you need to stand up for yourself

Source(s): 24/f

First let me say this : The weapons of MY war is not with flesh and blood. It is with the CAUSE of wars.....the DEVIL !!1 You know, the one that comes to destroy faith in God, the one that steals our JOY , the one that KILLS. That is where I war...

Now to the ones in the battlefield, my heart goes out to them, whether in USA military, or the ones they are fighting ! I respect their Zeal, and their Heart ! I just wish we could all work TOGETHER and go against the REAL enemy !!!! The HATERS, the KILLERS, all those that rebel against LIFE !!!

Satans army....

PEACE.....

• joe d

I kind of support them meaning I don't want to see them get hurt of die, but they joined the military and they support the cause maybe not this one but they support the concept of war and I don't like that. If there where no troops or army's there would be no wars.

Let me ask you a question, how do you think your going to leave this earth? Is it the same way you came, or is it going to be by always judging other's.