Keeping Weeds Out of St. Augustine Grass?

I live in Louisiana and have St. Augustine grass in my yard. In some places it's doing great, in others it's being taken over by weeds. What is the best product to use on St. Augustine to kill the weeds but still keep the grass healthy?

Favorite Answer

Scot's Weed and Feed or Scot's Turf Builder are both good products. I think the Weed and Feed takes care of about 21 or so common weeds in St. Augustine. It does take some time to be effective but the results are worth it.

I have St. Augustine and use Scotts products. They make quite a few different kinds, but there's a few called something like "Weed and Feed".

I've always been pleased with the Scotts products.

• T C

The absolute best is use pre-emergence in the early spring. But now, you are going to have to experiment. I would use round-up, and spray directly on each weed, and see how it affects the grass. Round up is weak enough that it takes about 4 to 10 days to kill.

add plenty of water and hope for the best