Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to grow your hair long? Mine always stops just below shoulder length. Why won't it grow?

It will get about shoulder length, and then just starts to look damaged and fuzzy, despite the elaborate measures to care for and condition it. I even stopped coloring it, and chopped it off to start over fresh.

Favorite Answer

Trim off any split ends (usually about one or two inches) every two weeks. In addition to this, use a shampoo and conditioner that will help. I suggest Fructis Garnier Length and Strength (it's the Fructis Garnier bottle with the blue label on it) http://garnierfructisusa.com/ . Also, don't over condition your hair, as this can also cause some frizziness. One other thing, make sure that when you brush your hair, you're not yanking hard. If your hair is frizzy and hard to get tangles out of, gently comb through it first to loosen up the tangles so that you aren't damaging as you try to get them out. One other thing, if it's not really about the split ends but more about the frizziness, then continue to get it trimmed to grow it out. But use Fructis Garnier sleek and shine. Search through the Fructis Garnier sight and find out exactly which type of products you want from them. Good luck I hope this helps!

Source(s): I just grew my hair out.

it takes time for hair to grow i'm trying to grow mine myself and i always end up triming it to much and go threw the whole things all over again. hen your hair gets fuzzy and you start getting split ends thats when you should get a trim cause split ends stop the hair from growing. Don't wash it so much, cause if you do you'll lose the oils in your hair which could be the reason it fuzzy's. Don't brush it so much either. Thats not good for it as well. Hope this helps. good luck

Trim about half inch to an inch every two weeks.You may be over conditioning this will also cause the problem of frizziness and the damage look try using a conditioning rinse instead.

Make sure you have regular trims. To promote growth, give yourself a hot oil treatment with a mix of Vitamin E capsules and almomd oil. Massage upside down to stimulate blood flow...and growth

Take a biotin supplement for speedy hair improve (that's a nutrition), use coconut oil to sell hair improve (look it up on youtube. soften some coconut oil, rub it into your scalp and hair and sleep with it in one day atleast as quickly as in step with week and you will choose stunning hair), get popular trims via fact have faith me, hair won't strengthen extremely long in case you have split ends that save breaking your hair off extra, and deep project your hair a pair situations in the week to cease breakage and permit your hair to strengthen long (i exploit like a three minute deep project aussie or garnier fructis? that's merely extra advantageous than popular project.) maximum heavily, cease straightner unfavourable your hair or it is going to in no way strengthen. I want wavy hair and my hair is very nearly pin at once, so I scrunch it time-honored. i think of at once hair seems flat and uninteresting. yet once you're able to have at once hair, blow dry it as at once as you are able to truly than flat ironing it! and verify out to placed on your hair wavy some situations in step with week, you would be wanting lots extra advantageous hair high quality. I certainly have superb, darkish, enormously at once, veryy dry hair via a thyroid project, yet all of those issues help me :) good good fortune!

Some peoples hair just won't grow past a point. Its like it has a limit. maybe you should think about getting extensions.

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- How can you get a faster hair growth

http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/01/hair-growth.htm...

YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR ENDS FROM SPLITTING THEREFORE JUST CLIP THE ENDS NOT ALL YOUR HAIR

this is the same thing I tell my wife and now I will tell you STOP CUTTING IT!!!! IT WILL GROW!!!!!

Source(s): Common sense