Where is the best place to fish for Catfish close to L.A?

or any big fish

Favorite Answer

I could tell you hundreds of places in south Louisiana, we often catch them in the 15-30 pound range(smaller ones are better tasting though 2-5 lbs). I did read about a lake near you in a sportsmans magazine. This lake apparently has monster bass in the 19+ lb range. I would suggest looking on the web for the state record bass.....thats your lake. Try looking on the Wildlife and Fisheries site.

I just looked it up....the two lakes I was thinking of are Miramar and Castaic. There have been several monsters caught recently over 20 pounds......good luck.

Lake Gregory is probably closest to L.A. It's about an hour and a half east of L.A. but, there are closer places but you wont catch big ones there. Like Puddingstone lake in San Dimas 40 miles east of L.A. There's always the ocean! You can surf fish or fish off the piers or rent a boat. You can catch HUGE fish there! Happy fishing!

i've got this great fishing hole i pull anywhere from 10- 100 fish aday and weighing anywhere from 2lbs- 30 lbs. it called the water, best palce i have ever fished to catch. ive tried the land but it didn't work as well and the sky is just to hard.

i guess where you can find some clean water