what kind of headache is this?

the pain is quite bad but i also feel sick (although iv never actually been sick) and going on the computer/ tv makes my eyes hurt more. in fact they normally start when im on the computer for a long period of time. iv also felt dizzy and like im going to faint at times.

they normally last 3 or 4 days and then go away for a day or so and then come back

i have tried all sorts of things to stop the pain but the only thing which has helped is taking paracetemol plus and nurofen together, but even then the pain comes back after a few hours

Favorite Answer

i would agree with eye strain, tension headache or sinus related. try 1500mg of soluble aspirin in the very early stages of the pain, amazingly this often works! (not so great if you have had it for a few hours-then stick with the paracet/codeine/nurofen combo) are you drinking enough water as well? i would get your eyes checked, if anything at least you can rule out an option if your eyes turn out to be ok. do you suffer from hayfever or allergies? excess fluid can cause pressure in the head, and therefore pain.

it might be a migraine, however that is quite only a bet, complications are sort of rough to diagnose via only one (your sensitivity is what is making me say migraine, when you questioned.) If you have no suffering remedy with you, the high-quality factor you'll do is take a scorching bathe (quite for the needs of letting the water hit your head, it in many instances supplies a few transitority alleviation), after which lay down in a dismal, quiet room. Sometimes, the headache is going away with sleep. Good good fortune!

This may sound very silly, but have you ever had your eyes checked?

Before I found out that I needed glasses I suffered really bad headaches and nausea, especially when watching TV at that time. I never really 'saw' that my vision was bad, because it gradually sets in. My docter advised me to have my eyes checked and here I am, no more headaches and a cute pair of glasses.

Source(s): Experience

Headaches can be caused by minor problems

like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more serious reasons

like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and

meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can

have harmful side effects, so it is better to

modify your lifestyle. More information available at

Try napping if you've got the opportunity, but it's possible that you have migraines (seeing as they last so long). You should consult your gp to see if there's anything that can be done?

sounds like migraines you might try an over the counter migraine pill or capsule, or better yet get it checked by a doctor

Yep...Sounds like a migrane or tension headache. I find it hard to believe that you've never been ill. Surely you've had at least one cold...

a migrain? ...i can't spell.

whatever, it a headache. talk to your doctor about it.