Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Will the Broncos Compete with the Chargers/Pats this year?

With some of the additions Bly, Henry, and Cutler becoming a more seasoned QB the Broncos look tough to me what do you think?

Favorite Answer

The Broncos will be a tougher team this year in the AFC but they are not quite ready to make that leap to elite in the conference. There are a couple things that will hold the Broncos back. First of all, they do not create enough pass rush. The addition of Jarvis Moss will help but one person will not change the whole defense. I don't care who you have at CB, if Peyton Manning has all day to survey the field, he will carve you apart. That's why he beat the Patriots in the playoffs last year. In the first half they had pressure in Manning's face then in the second half the Pats were tired and Manning carved them up. Second thing holding the Broncos back is Cutler. I think that he will grow to be a pretty good QB but I live in Denver so I had the privilege of watching all the games and when he is pressured, he makes way too many mistakes. This is a problem when he will play San Diego twice, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Indy, and Jacksonville next year, all of whom have elite pass rushers. Lastly, the Broncos can't stop the run. John Lynch (although a personal favorite) is old and slow, Nick Ferguson is below average, DJ Williams is unbelievably talented but misses too many tackles, and they waived their second best defensive player in Al Wilson. Last year they gave up 113+ rushing yards per game last year and now their defense is 1 year older and minus a legitimate MLB. The last thing working for them is that the Chargers, Colts, and Patriots are all very talented and very balanced teams, which is the key. I don't think the Broncos will miss the playoffs again but I think it will once again be an early exit with Manning carving them up because he has all day to throw.

The Broncos are in the toughest division in football, the AFC west narrowly missed sending three teams to the playoffs last season, the Broncos were just one game out.

I don't believe the Broncos did enough in the off season to make them any stronger within the division, both San Diego and Kansas City will be able to run the ball against Denver without Al Wilson, I agree with some of the other posters here, the Broncos defense is getting older and slower and Cutler has not showed enough to place him in the elite of the tough AFC, maybe in the NFC he would be something to be excited about. The Broncos will still be tough against the pass but that will not be enough to get them to the playoffs in 2008, they will have a very tough time dealing with the pass rush that their opponents will put on them and they have a tough schedule to boot, San Diego twice, Kansas City twice,, Indy, Chicago, Tenessee and the Jags all of which have the talent to beat them if they execute.

The one saving grace that they have is that they face the lowly Radiers twice also. Combine all this with the fact that they lost two players to death in the off season and it will be tough for them to finish with a winning record.

The Broncos are going to give the Pats and Chargers a hard time. They have a great defense with Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, and John Lynch bein able to stop the Pats new WR. The broncos also have good WRs their selves.

The Broncos Will give the AFC a run for their money but will not win a superbowl

They will probably take a wildcard spot

But Cutler is not the guy to lead them to a superbowl and the release of Al wilson is not making there Defense feel any better...

But they will be tought like ALWAYS!!!

• R52L

The Broncos will have a hard time to compete with mediocre teams much less favorites for next season. Jay Cutler, as far as I can tell, is a bust. Plus they lost Al Wilson, and they cannot replace him, so expect them to get run over next year.

No way. The Donkeys made a bunch of desperation moves but did not give much thought to their offensive line. San Diego is licking their chops at this one. Cutler will have Merriman, Williams, Castillo, Phillips, Olshansy playing backfield for him.

Take it from me... The Broncos will beat the Chargers, Patriots and even my team the Colts. Denver will win the Superbowl.

• I wouldn't underestimate the Patriots. They had a great off-season and draft and though I think Denver will give them a run for their money, I believe the Patriots will at least win the AFC if not the Super Bowl itself.

• Karen

HOPEFULLY THE CAHNCES SRE 3/1, BUT THEY'RE IN THE AFC, BUT SOONER OR LATER, MY BRONCOS ARE GOIN TO GET IT DONE, THEY HAVE TOO GREAT OF PLAYERS, COACHES AND STAFF NOT TO WIN ANOTHER SB, THIS COULD BE THEIR YEAR, EVEN THOUGH I WAS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WEN THEY LET JAKE GO.

NO! the broncos suck...i call them the denver donkeys, they suck, i cant wait to watch them fall flat on there face this year. notice how they had to trade for our player, javon walker? by the way javon is a retard. if he was smart he wouldnt have forced his way out of Green Bay...he was such a lier tho..he said he would never play for money and look what he did..he held out..hes just like the rest of them...whatever happened to the class the NFL used to have? i mean have you ever seen guys like Brett Favre and Donald Driver hold out? no because they have class. DONKEYS SUCK!!! GO PACK GO!!!