Bare escentuals or MAC?

which is the best of the two brands?

Favorite Answer

I bought Bare Minerals (BE) a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I havent broken out at all, and it makes my pores alot smaller looking and I feel like my face can breathe, even in 80 degree weather! (today).

Before I bought BE I used MAC and I loved the coverage it gave me and was scared to try BE because I didnt know if it would cover me well. (some zits and acne scars); but BE does a very good job w/ coverage, I have to admit I was surprised.

What I started doing was using a MAC concealer and then Bare Minerals everything else. Just to ease myself off of the coverage from MAC. It kind of defeated the purpose of the minerals but oh well LOL Now I just use BE and no MAC concealer. You can get Bare Minerals at http://www.sephora.com/ .. the starter kit is 60 bucks and comes with EVERYTHING you need. Its worth it.

If you dont like it you can just return it. I do use BE mineral eyeliner and eyeshadows and their great too. I also use the MAC eyeshadows since they have amazing colors.

So I say go for either or! :] If you break out alot and are oily then I suggest BE. If you have rather dry skin, BE would probably be too drying for you (as with most people) .. so you would probably need a creamier makeup. .. Another tip for zit/acne prone skin is Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize (I love Biore Products, I use their cleanser, toner and moisturizer) :]

Hope that helps!

I use both.I use mac for eyes and their brushes..and bare minerals for the face and bronzer!! they are both fabulous

i personally haven't tried those products but i have heard that bare essentuals is good if you have skin problems and MAC is fabulous apparently

Bare Essentials is awesome for foundation and powders.

MAC has the best eyeshadows though.

Mix them up ! :D