The second answer won't work, you cannot use Jasmine rice for preparing sticky rice, the rice won't stick at all.
Sticky rice = glutinous rice, you cannot use other short grain or long grain rice in this recipe!! You can find glutinous rice in most Asian (Chinese / Japanese / Thai) grocery stores.
Below is a authentic Thai dessert recipe - mango, coconut cream with sticky rice.
<<<<<< Sticky Rice >>>>>> Serves 4
200g (6 1/2 oz) glutinous rice
hot water for steaming
1) Rines rice several times until water runs clear, soak rice in water for 12 hours or overnight, then drain well.
2) Line a saucepan steamer or bamboo basket with cheese cloth or similar fine-weave cotton cloth. Put rice in the steamer and steam for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and translucent. Remove from heat, fluff up with a fork.
<<<<<<< Mangoes with Sticky Rice >>>>> Serves 4
200g freshly cooked sticky rice
200 ml thick coconut milk
4 tablespoons sugar (you may adjust the sweetness by adding more)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons coconut cream (you skimmed it from top of coconut milk)
roasted sesame seeds (optional, for garnish only)
4 large ripe mangoes, peeled, halved, stoned
1) Place cooked sticky rice in a big bowl, set aside.
2) heat coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and salt, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until milk is thicken (adjust the taste)
3) Pour milk mixture carefully over sticky rice, fluff up rice with a fork and allow coconut mixture to trickle through but not "drown" the rice (otherwise it becomes too gluggy and you lose the lovely translucent quality of the sticky rice).
4) Allow rice to stand for 10 minutes. Turn out in a mound on a serving platter. Garnish with thick coconut cream sprinkled with sesame seeds.
5) Slice mangoes and arrange around the mound of sticky rice.
You may make individual servings of sticky rice and mango slices.
Authentic Recipes from Thailand
recipes by Sven Krauss, Laurent Ganguillet and Vira Sanguanwong
The dessert recipe is from "Thai Cooking Class" by Somi Anuntra Miller and Patricia Lake