Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Interesting facts about rosalynn carter??

I need a minimum of 6 INTERESTING facts about rosalynn carter. Best answer for interesting ones extra points for extra answers!! Thanks!!@!

Update:

you get starred

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

~Both Rosalynn and Jimmy grew up in Plains, Georgia, and although they knew each other well, he never asked her for a date until he was home on leave from the Navy in 1945.

~They were married the following year and lived in Norfolk while he finished his military duty.

~They returned to Plains and the Carter family peanut business, which Jimmy later inherited from his father.

~After learning accounting, she took care of the company books.

~When Jimmy won the presidency, a reformer who was against government overspending, she packed a picnic lunch in lieu of an inaugural ball.

~Amidst the glamour of the Washington swearing-in ceremony Rosalynn attended her husbands inauguration wearing a six year old dress .

~As First Lady she was her husband's best friend and closest advisor, regularly sitting in on Cabinet meetings.

They tried to have a regular Wednesday lunch date to discuss administration policy and personal matters.

~Often called "The Steel Magnolia," she hired an 18 member staff to try to convince Congressmen to vote for the Equal Rights Amendment .

~She and her staff also worked on problems of the aged, including mental health afflictions.

~ Rosalynn convinced PBS to broadcast select performances from the White House so everyone, especially children, could enjoy works performed in ballet, symphony, and the arts.

http://www.usatrivia.com/flbicart.html

It's not much, but it's the best I could find....

• 1 decade ago

I could possibly help you if they didn't have to be "interesting".

• 1 decade ago

I don't know what you'd find interesting, but if you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalynn_Carter

you could take your pick. have fun!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.