My washing machine is making a loud noise...what is it? Can I fix it?

I'm not really allowed to have a washing machine where I live but where there is a will there is a way. I wash once a week during the week and always late at night. I store the machine in the closet (and this by no means is an easy task) and take it out when I need it. I place the machine in the kitchen and... show more I'm not really allowed to have a washing machine where I live but where there is a will there is a way. I wash once a week during the week and always late at night. I store the machine in the closet (and this by no means is an easy task) and take it out when I need it. I place the machine in the kitchen and connect it to a nearby outlet, connect the hose to the faucet and the secure the exit hose to the sink. Given that the sink is not big enough to take all the water the machine extracts at once, I have to stop the machine and let the water drain before it spills over to the counter. I have to do this about 2-3 times per cycle. I’ve gotten really good about getting to it before it starts to extract. The last time I used the machine it began to make a loud shrieking noise that lasted the entire wash and became louder during the spin cycle. I feel that perhaps the sudden stopping during cycles to drain the water has harmed the motor. Does anyone know what's happend and how to fix it?Txs