My washing machine is making a loud noise...what is it? Can I fix it?

I'm not really allowed to have a washing machine where I live but where there is a will there is a way. I wash once a week during the week and always late at night. I store the machine in the closet (and this by no means is an easy task) and take it out when I need it. I place the machine in the kitchen and connect it to a nearby outlet, connect the hose to the faucet and the secure the exit hose to the sink. Given that the sink is not big enough to take all the water the machine extracts at once, I have to stop the machine and let the water drain before it spills over to the counter. I have to do this about 2-3 times per cycle. I’ve gotten really good about getting to it before it starts to extract. The last time I used the machine it began to make a loud shrieking noise that lasted the entire wash and became louder during the spin cycle. I feel that perhaps the sudden stopping during cycles to drain the water has harmed the motor. Does anyone know what's happend and how to fix it?Txs

Favorite Answer

1) Check if your washing machine requires height placing.

screw or unscrew the stands and adjust them.

2) Try to place the machine on a smooth surface.

3) Check if any of the bolt nuts are worn out.

4) Call a certified technician and get them fixed.

5) If the machine is too old and if u r bugged with it just dispose it before it is too late.

It may have to do with the load, if you have alot of clothes in one load, it may have an effect on the machine as well as stopping it, do you have a local repair person to call & ask about this problem? If it doesn't get better, maybe you should look into going to the laundry mat, I hope you can get it fixed & I hope this helps a little. Good luck & Take care.

Truly it seems like a bearing to me, you'll need a qualified technician to change one of those. When you get it fixed, ever think of having it drain into your bathtub? You wouldn't have to start/stop it then. :)