What is a good outdoor/durable sprinkler controller?

I've recently bought a house that has a Toro Greenkeeper sprinkler controller. It was put on the outside of the house when the house was built 7 years ago and it's on the west wall outside in a desert climate...so even though it's in a plastic box, I think the hot afternoon sun has take its toll on the... show more I've recently bought a house that has a Toro Greenkeeper sprinkler controller. It was put on the outside of the house when the house was built 7 years ago and it's on the west wall outside in a desert climate...so even though it's in a plastic box, I think the hot afternoon sun has take its toll on the unit. None of the buttons seems to work and the plastic is very discolored. The round contact switch seems very tempermental also. I did some looking around and saw that this unit is not rated for 'outdoor' use. I want to replace it. I only have three zones right now as it is a small yard. I might add one more in the future, as I currently have a separate controller for the back yard. I'd like to keep the costs down around $50 if possible...what sprinkler controller is durable enough to withstand summer (probably over 120 degrees in the direct hot afternoon sunlight ) and would meet my needs?
3 answers 3