Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on ortho tri cyclen lo?

Favorite Answer

Oh! Me! Me! Me! I posted similar question about people getting pregnant on birth control in general, and I asked what pill they were on...a vast majority said Ortho Tri Cyclen lo. SCARY STUFF!!! I am NOT going back on it after my son is born! Oh yeah, and I took it every day at the same time, without skipping and without antibiotics.

Source(s): 19 weeks pregnant
  • arshad

The pill is ninety 9% valuable while taken correct each and every day. i grew to become into on it for 5 years, i did no longer get pregnant until i grew to become into waiting for yet another toddler and stopped taking Ortho.

Anecdotally, you'll find a LOT of women get pregnant whilst taking this pill, although the manufacturers will deny it until they're blue in the face or blame it on user error.

But all these women can't be that stupid, especially if they took another pill for years and years without issue, yet suddenly switch and bingo - baby.

I wouldb't recommend it.

ME!!!! And I was not on any antibiotics... and I took the dang thing EVERY night at the exact same time. SURPRISE - I'm now expecting.

After the fact - my doctor told me that this is the only pill that she has had problems w/ people getting pregnant while on.

Go figure. I'd switch to a higher dosage pill if I were you!

I got pregnant off of a different lo dose pill. All of the lo hormone pills cary a slightly higher risk of pregnancy and a much higher user error risk.

• Lizard

Any birth control pill is the most effective form of birth control. There is always that slim chance of pregnancy but I would say in most cases women who do get pregnant are generally women who miss taking the pills on a regular basis. In other words, human error rather than the pill itself is generally to blame.

Funny you ask this..i did! lol..and now i am 15 weeks pregnant right now..

i know i took them everyday at the same time..so i dont know..good luck!

Me too! Glad to know that I'm not the only one!

yep i did. took it everyday at the same time.