So far, "Heroes" is a great TV show. But is it just "X-Men" remade?

I really enjoy the tv show "Heroes", but does anyone else think that this tv show is a recreation of the "X-Men", with new charachters? Much of the abilities of the "Heroes" characters can be matched up with "X-Men" characters. Peter's ability to mimic the powers of other "special" people with abilities reminds me of Rogue's power to temporarily retain other mutants powers when she touches them (Althought it seems that Peter permanently retains others powers just by being near them). Claire's ability to rapidly heal reminds me of Wolverine's healing factor, and so on. With that said, "Heroes" is still a great show. I'm waiting for the next episode, because the show's addictive.

• LORD Z
    Favorite Answer

No, Heores steals from a greatmany shows not just X-Men.

They stole the primary directive from Star Trek as relates to the Linderman Group.

They stole the power being in your brain from Highlander as well as the kitanna sword and the fact they all seem to be drawn together.

They stole the whole heroes versus normals from Babylon 5, especially in how they saw the future.

The Sylar thing looks to be a fractal theory like in the Matrix.

The Godsend symbol is like the cancelled series, Threshold, about a meteor that lands and infects the world with an alien race all marked by the same symbol.

And the company looks to be a little like Men in Black.

The DNA thing is what ties the show to X-Men. A lot of the powers don't even exist in th X Men books. The whole liguify metal thing and the atonic bomb thing aren't comic book like powers, and super hearing on its own is not impressive.

I was hoping for something better from the show but short of writing it myself this is what we are left with, a hodgepodge of puzzle pieces that really don't fit well together.

I would have focused on the alien thing more and the bomb thing less. After all, how does anyone besides Peter and Claire survive a nuclear explosion? Shouldn't everyone else have died? And why weren't they all sick when Ted freaked out and went radioactive? That is how his wife died of radiation poisoning. Somebody screwed up when writing this stuff, big time.

No, it's not. Heroes is completely different from X-men, they don't live in an academy with other heroes like the mutants in X-men do, and it does not involve any flying of space ship. Heroes is really a great tv show. Love it.

not which you concept isn't an incredible concept for a fact practice, yet... (and that i assumed that became fantastically humorous, yet... ...I easily detest "fact exhibits" often, so i assumed fairly of being "humorous," i could be "depressive..." Hee Hee... "Please! not extra fact practice suggestions...or i won't be able to deliver you an quite heat and loving satisfied holiday trips Card this 365 days..." Do make me ought to "answer all your questions" in revenge for this concept approximately "fact practice suggestions" which you purely had... Or "Guido," my deranged assistant, would be compelled to scare you whilst cleansing off your windshield at a gloomy and lonely interesection someplace... Ya' capture what i'm throwin' acha' 'ear?!? I valuable wish so...for Humanity's Sake, Oh Holy Moly!

Actually Heroes has been stealing their stories from the Watchmen comic book series especially with that whole idea about setting off a nuke in NY.

You can look it up for yourself if you don't believe me.

Good point - never thought of it that way. Great show, with a modern flair

no