Lv 6
Andres asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

from where do doctors get growth hormones?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    From the pharmacist, the pharmacist gets it from the drug distributor (Amerisource or Cardinal), who gets it from the manufacturer, Eli Lilly and Co for Humatrope® and Genentech Inc for Nutropin AQ®.

    Source(s): Pharmacist
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    The major source for human growth hormone (HGH) these days is a company called Genentech, which is located near San Francisco, California.

    They are a genetic engineering company. One of their big successes has been HGH. They made a synthetic gene and use that to make the hormone in culture. Then it is purified and sold. Doctors and pharmacies that sell HGH would usually obtain it from Genentech.

    Other companies may make HGH, but they most likely have to license it from Genentech, because as far as I know Genentech owns the international patents.

    Other hormones that cause growth, like anabolic steroids, can probably be bought from many sources. Reputable doctors and pharmacies would buy them from reliable manufacturers and suppliers in order to ensure safety, but since these hormones get used illegally by athletes, there are probably also underground drug chemistry laboratories that make them.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.